I definitely nailed it with this broccoli cheese soup recipe.
I used homemade chicken bone broth for its gut healing properties includes. It can also be made with chicken or vegetable broth.
I used Daiya cheddar cheese substitute, but if you do not have issues with dairy, then regular cheddar cheese will work as well.
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons of olive oil (butter or butter substitute will work)
3 cups chicken bone broth
1- 12 ounce bag of frozen broccoli florets
1/2 cup Daiya Cheddar Cheese, shredded (or other cheese alternative)
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt or sea salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon turmeric (optional)
Top with cooked bacon pieces (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil. Add onions and cook approximately 5 minutes until soft.
2. Add minced garlic, cooking for approximately 2-3 minutes.
3. Add Chicken bone broth and bring to a boil.
4. add salt, pepper and turmeric.
5. Add broccoli florets and cook approximately 10 minutes or until tender.
6. Remove temporarily from heat. Blend until smooth with an immersion blender right in the saucepan or pour into a blender.
7. Return to heat and add cheese, stirring until melted, cooking for another 5 minutes.
8. Serve into bowls and top with a handful of cheese.
Optional- can also be topped with cooked bacon pieces.